We apologize for the inconvenience, our page is currently under construction.
Chickens @ CD&J MINI RANCH
MORE ABOUT CHICKENS
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? And why did the chicken cross the road?
Whether you prefer them as pets, on a farm, or on your dinner plate for a meal, here are some fun facts about one of the most classic farm animals!
– There are more chickens on earth than people 26 billion. There are also more chickens than any other bird species.
– Chickens can remember many different faces of people or animals.
– The color of the egg depends on the chicken’s earlobes. Red ear lobed chickens lay brown eggs, while white ear lobed chickens lay white eggs.
– A hen has to eat about four pounds of feed to make one dozen eggs.
– Chickens have prehistoric roots and are the closest living relative of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
–Chickens have their own unique language with over 30 different sounds used to communicate.
–A chicken’s heart beats from 220 to 360 times per minute.
–A chicken egg’s nutritional value is the same, regardless of the egg color.
–Most eggs are typically laid in the morning between 7 am and 11 am.
That's just a few chicken facts. Check our our list of chickens and eggs that we raise below.